Discover what the difference between these 3 terms is – domain names, web hosting servers, and website! Get all information you need to know!
If you are a website owner or you are planning to become one, you certainly have met the terms domain names, web hosting server or website. However, many individuals are not sure exactly what these terms mean. Don’t worry as we are going to explain to you everything you need to know by highlighting the differences between domains, hosting, and website.
Introduction to Domains, Hosting, and Website – What is the Difference between Them
When you have a visitors on your website, this visitors used your domain to locate your website. When the visitor entered the domain into the search browser, the domain name is automatically translated into an IP address. The server sends the visitor the files of your website which the search browser represent as a website. In order to establish an online presence, you need hosting. So, as you can see all of these terms are related.
- Domain Names – Without a domain name, your potential users and customers won’t be able to locate your website. By having a suitable domain name for your business company or your blog, your users will be able to find you by writing the name in the Google search box.
- Web Hosting Servers – Web hosting allows you to present your business online and to establish an internet presence. In order to do this, you need to find a suitable web hosting service provider who can provide you with an appropriate hosting package. There are various types of hosting available, so you need to choose the one that meets your website needs. Without web hosting, you won’t be able to publish your website.
- Website – Every website includes web pages and files that your visitors and potential clients see when they open your site. The website files are as any other file you see online such as .mp3 music file, .jpg photograph, .php files, .html files, and etc. The web hosting server is responsible for reading these files and present the images or text as you see them once you open a certain website.
Even though these 3 terms are different, they are all related and depend on one another. In other words, they won’t be able to function separately.
Other articles than can be interesting for you:
- How to Redirect Subdomains to a New Domain Name
- How to Change Your Brand New Domain without Losing Ranks
- What is Hosting: Everything You Need to Know about Hosting
— Singularity Hosting (@SingularityLLP) 28 de abril de 2017